About the Company
Tembo Health is a telemedicine platform that pushes technological innovation and leverages operational excellence to improve health outcomes for seniors. We partner with senior communities to provide their patients with medical services to manage chronic conditions, extend life expectancy and even avoid the emergency room.
We're venture backed, with funding from big tech investors like Bloomberg Beta, B Capital, Resolute, AARP and led by a cadre of entrepreneurs who have built and scaled unicorn tech companies (e.g., Flatiron, Oscar, Imagen). Our team includes startup veterans, physicians, and more. We're here to make a big, meaningful impact on healthcare and have fun while we're at it. We're looking for smart, mission-driven, goal-oriented team members who are creative problem solvers and big dreamers. If that sounds like you, let's talk!
Our Values and Culture
At Tembo, we're on a big mission: improve health outcomes for seniors. To make this mission a reality, we value several things in how we work:
- Patients First. We're here to make the lives of patients better and every activity has this in mind.
- Great Ideas. It doesn't matter whose idea it is, if it's a great idea, let's do it!
- Get Stuff Done. Ideas are nothing without implementation. So go ahead and try things, break stuff, learn and improve.
In line with our values, we look for people who are
- Customer-Focused. You are able to identify and work towards what customers want and need. You see customer satisfaction as tantamount to success.
- Smart and Curios / Solution Oriented. You're constantly learning and applying your knowledge to find innovative solutions. You love sharing your ideas and workshopping ideas to get to great answers. You're excited by the prospect of iterating on products and processes to make them better over time.
- Efficient + Effect / Good at Time Management. You know what it takes to accomplish your goal and aren't afraid to put in the work. More importantly, you know how to ruthlessly prioritize and focus on the important activities.
Our team features a wide breadth of experience in various industries and functions. This means we're bringing different ideas to the table that yield lively discussions and creative solutions that couldn't happen with industry experts alone.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Director / VP of Sales to assist us with selling our services to nursing homes and grow our sales team.
- Conduct sales from beginning to end. You'll be asked to assist with all aspects of sales to meet early goals and to give you insight into the sales process.
- Codify sales process. You'll create and document sales procedures, create sales collateral, etc.
- Scale sales team. You'll recruit, hire and train new team members.
- Manage sales team. You'll set goals, monitor progress / goal attainment as well as set compensation structures and track commissions.
Sample Work Plan
During month 1 and 2 you will
- Reduce our backlog of pre-screened target customers requiring outreach
- Demonstrate our service to nursing home administrators
- Convert target customers to contracted
During month 3-6 you will
- Use your insight from sales to improve upon our sales process and refine our target market
- Develop a sales playbook and related material
- Continue to engage and contract customers
- Outline hiring needs + budget
- Recruit, hire and train junior sales team members
You’ll be successful in this role if
- You’re not afraid to pick up the phone
- You’re not afraid of hearing “no”
- You’re articulate
- You have sales experience
- You're comfortable selling to small businesses
- You've managed sales professionals
The following experiences are suggested but not required:
- Medical experience
- Hubspot experience
- Enterprise sales experience
- You've scaled sales teams